Brain Injury Lawyer Miami FL
When it comes to brain injuries and the effect, these injuries may have on you, you’re right to ask questions, especially of your brain injury lawyer in Miami, FL such as the ones available at Needle & Ellenberg PA. This ensures that you fully understand how a brain injury can change your life, or someone that you know’s life.
How can a car accident affect my hormones?
Because your hormones are regulated by something called the pituitary system in your brain, if this is damaged during a car accident where you have received a brain injury, your hormones can be affected. The pituitary gland is found right behind the top of your nose, in your brain.
Some things that the pituitary gland controls are:
- The stress hormone, otherwise known as cortisol, that is produced by the adrenal glands is controlled by the production of adrenocorticotropic hormone, which your pituitary is in charge of.
- Your pituitary is in charge of your thyroid hormones, which helps keep your thyroid gland functioning.
- This system is also in charge of the production of estrogen or testosterone by creating the hormones required for both processes (luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone).
- The pituitary also has a lot to do with the growth hormone, which allows IGF-1 to be produced by the liver.
- And of course, the pituitary system is in charge of lactation because it makes prolactin.
So the pituitary is an important part of the body, and if it is affected in an accident where you receive head injuries, you may have issues that can change how you are able to live your life.
When should I reach out to a brain injury lawyer in Miami, FL after sustaining a brain injury?
A brain injury is a very traumatic injury. Whether you or your loved one are experiencing it, it’ll affect you both. You should reach out to a brain injury lawyer in Miami, FL as soon as you are diagnosed with a brain injury, because the outcomes of these types of injuries vary greatly and they may affect you for the rest of your life.
You should seek medical attention, so that if you have obtained an injury to your brain, it can be diagnosed and treated as quickly as possible. Minor injuries can progress into something worse over time, and if they progress and you have not had a doctor’s visit to identify the minor injuries and how they may progress, your injury case is going to be much harder for a lawyer to help with because the insurance company is going to claim that you did not get this injury due to this accident.
It does not matter what caused your accident; you need to contact a lawyer as soon as you are able. Furthermore, if your injury happened on the roadway, or is in any way due to a car accident, even if you were a pedestrian, you should gather witness information, vehicle insurance information, contact and license information, and ensure that you have the police report too. This will help your lawyer with your case.