Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale FL
Medical malpractice happens when a health care professional or provider neglects to provide you with the appropriate treatment, omits to take appropriate action, or gives a level of sub-standard treatment that can cause harm, injury, or even death to a patient.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice or negligence typically involves a medical error. Whether that be in the form of a diagnosis, medication dosage, health management, treatment, or aftercare. If you or a family member has been a victim of medical malpractice that could mean that you have the chance to recover compensation for any harms that have been resulted from medical malpractice or negligence.
According to the Medical Malpractice Center, in the United States, there are between 15,000 and 19,000 medical malpractice suits against doctors every year. A hospital, doctor, and other health care professionals are expected to provide a certain standard of care. According to malpractice lawyers in the U.S., for medical malpractice to be considered there are a few factors that must be involved. And those are:
- Failure to provide a proper standard of care
- An injury that results from negligence
- The injury must have damaging consequences like suffering, hardship, constant pain, a considerable loss of income, and/or disability
Some types of errors and malpractice can include:
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose
- Unnecessary or incorrect surgery
- Premature discharge
- Failure to order appropriate tests or to act on test results
- Not following up with patient
- Prescribing the wrong dosage or the wrong medication
- Leaving items inside the patient’s body after surgery
- Operating on the wrong part of the body
- The patient has persistent pain after surgery
- Enduring fatal infections that were acquired in the hospital
- Pressure ulcers, or bedsores
Why Should I Hire a Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
Medical malpractice lawyers are trained and licensed in the area of medical malpractice. They deal with these types of cases daily and are experienced and skilled to handle all the technicalities that are required to navigate your case in the courtroom and to prepare the legal groundwork beforehand.
A medical malpractice lawyer will be able to correspond with insurance companies and complete paperwork with the precision that will be able to help accelerate your case through the legal process. Working with a lawyer could increase your chance of compensation.
A lawyer will be able to do what is necessary to negotiate the best settlement possible for you. Understanding the necessary legal and medical language to argue your case well is a skill that a medical malpractice lawyer will possess, which will make fighting for your case easy on you so you can focus on your or your family’s overall well-being. Consulting with a medical malpractice lawyer is the first step in understanding your next steps.