Medical Malpractice Lawyer Orlando FL
Finding a competent medical malpractice lawyer Orlando FL can provide in the wake of a medical mistake can seem overwhelming. At our law firm, we know that it may seem difficult to take legal action immediately following a medical mistake. A financial settlement, however, may provide additional stability that fosters recovery. When medical malpractice victims need legal counsel from a trusted and local source, Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. is proud to be of assistance. We have won millions in financial settlements for our clients in the past, and we’re proud to continue providing a medical malpractice lawyer Orlando FL residents depend on. Each medical malpractice case is unique. It may be important for a lawyer to have substantial experience in similar cases, but it can be just as important to provide compassion and attention to detail. At Needle & Ellenberg, P.A., our team is dedicated to providing this kind of support to our clients who are seeking counsel in medical malpractice claims. Some common types of medical malpractice include:
- Incorrect or late diagnosis
- Medication errors
- Surgical mistakes
- Inadequate prenatal care
- Birth defects or injuries sustained during delivery
- Malfunctioning medical equipment
Not every injury sustained during medical treatment can legally be considered medical malpractice. As any experienced medical malpractice lawyer Orlando FL has to offer might explain, there is some level of risk involved in most medical treatments and procedures. In order to make a successful medical malpractice claim, it’s essential to prove that the doctor, nurse, or medical professional failed to provide a certain level of care, which he or she was obligated to provide. An important question in many medical malpractice cases is whether or not another medical professional, of similar experience and skill, would have been able to prevent the injury. In other medical malpractice cases where severe injury resulted from a mistake, such as birth injuries, the focus may be more on the damage caused, and less on a doctor’s liability when providing care. If you’re wondering whether your situation justifies a civil lawsuit or insurance claim, it may be wise to consult a medical malpractice lawyer in Orlando FL who could review the details of your case.
Speak With a Medical Malpractice Lawyer Orlando FL Residents Deserve
Injuries caused by medical mistakes can be traumatic not only for the injured victim, but for the victim’s family as well. At Needle & Ellenberg, P.A., we understand that no amount of money could make up for something as intangible as your suffering — but we also know that financial stability may be invaluable during the healing process. We recognize that when our clients hire an Orlando FL medical malpractice lawyer, they deserve a knowledgeable lawyer who is also compassionate. If you or someone you love has been affected by a medical mistake, our firm may be able to help you win a settlement for your suffering. We offer free case evaluations to potential clients who would like more information about medical malpractice claims and personal injury cases. To schedule your own consultation with a top medical malpractice lawyer Orlando FL residents trust during difficult times, contact Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. today.
Medical Malpractice Lawyer Orlando, Florida
If you are the victim of medical malpractice, you may want to consult with a medical malpractice lawyer Orlando, Florida residents trust. At the Law Offices of Needle & Ellenberg, P.A., we have been helping medical malpractice victims just like yourself recover compensation for more than 50 years. Our lawyers want to help you get justice for what you’ve been through.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice
Even the most highly trained and experienced medical professionals can make mistakes, as a medical malpractice lawyer in Orlando, Florida can attest. Medical errors are more likely to occur if a medical professional is tired or isn’t paying careful enough attention. Let’s take a closer look at the common types of medical malpractice:
- Surgical Errors: As a medical malpractice lawyer Orlando, Florida clients respect can confirm, surgical errors can happen in the operating room. Common types of surgical errors including leaving a surgical instrument inside the body, operating on the wrong body part and not performing the correct operation. These errors often lead to severe injuries and even death.
- Misdiagnosis: A good portion of medical malpractice claims are due to misdiagnosis. If a doctor diagnoses a patient with the wrong condition, there can be a delay in treatment, causing harm to the patient.
- Anesthesia Errors: Anesthesia errors can occur in several forms, including administering too much or too little anesthesia. When anesthesia is administered incorrectly, it can lead to dangerous side effects, like brain damage, heart arrhythmia, coma and even death.
- Medication Errors: A medical malpractice lawyer Orlando, Florida residents count on has also helped individuals who were prescribed the wrong medication or give the wrong dosage. Taking the incorrect medication can lead to serious medical complications and permanent damage.
Statute of Limitations for Medical Malpractice Claims
If you want to file a medical malpractice claim, you may want to do it sooner than later. You only have a certain amount of time to file a lawsuit. Once that deadline has passed, you can no longer pursue compensation. In Florida, the statute of limitations to file a medical malpractice lawsuit is two years. Set up a consultation with an Orlando medical malpractice lawyer as soon as possible so that you don’t miss your chance to recover compensation.
Scheduling a Consultation with a Medical Malpractice Lawyer
The first step in getting the compensation you deserve is setting up a consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer Orlando, Florida clients depend on. An experienced medical malpractice attorney has helped people in similar situations in the past and knows how to build strong medical malpractice cases. He may keep your best interest at heart and won’t let you get taken advantage of by insurance companies. During your initial consultation, a medical malpractice lawyer may likely ask you several questions about your case, such as how the accident happened and what types of injuries you suffered. Be sure to answer everything as honestly as possible and don’t leave any details out. If you are searching for a medical malpractice lawyer Orlando, Florida offers, contact the Law Offices of Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. at 305-290-1736.
Medical Malpractice Lawyer Orlando
If you suffered an injury while under a medical professional’s care, it’s critical to speak to a medical malpractice lawyer in Orlando. Medical errors can result in severe injuries and you deserve to be compensated. Here are some frequently asked questions about medical malpractice.
What Are Different Examples of Medical Malpractice?
Doctors who make careless mistakes while treating patients can cause serious injuries in their patients. Medical malpractice comes in several different forms and can have devastating results for victims. Common examples of medical malpractice include surgical errors, misdiagnosis, medication mistakes and anesthesia errors.
Who Can Be Guilty of Medical Negligence?
Many people assume that only doctors and surgeons can commit medical malpractice. The truth is, however, that any medical professional can be guilty of medical negligence. For example, if your pharmacist filled the wrong prescription, he or she has committed medical negligence. A dentist who performed surgery on the wrong tooth is also guilty of medical malpractice.
What Do I Need to Do to Win a Medical Malpractice Case?
In order to obtain fair compensation for your medical injury, you will have to prove that your treatment didn’t meet the accepted standards of care and resulted in your injury. However, this isn’t easy to do. That’s why it’s important to enlist the help of a skilled medical malpractice lawyer and medical experts.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Medical Malpractice Case?
If you’re the victim of medical malpractice, you may be entitled to several types of damages, including medical bills, lost wages, loss of future earning potential, emotional distress and loss of enjoyment of life. If the medical professional acted intentionally, your medical malpractice lawyer in Orlando may also help you sue for punitive damages.
How Long Do I Have to Pursue a Medical Malpractice Claim?
In the state of Florida, you have two years to sue for medical malpractice. After that deadline has passed, you will no longer be eligible to receive compensation. That’s why it’s important to discuss your case with a qualified lawyer as soon as possible.
How Long Does It Take to Settle a Medical Malpractice Case?
All medical malpractice cases are different. Some may take several months to settle while others may take years. Generally, the more complicated your case is, the more time it will take to settle.
If you are the victim of medical malpractice, it is important to discuss your case with a medical malpractice lawyer in Orlando promptly. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you bring a timely lawsuit against the negligent medical provider.
Steps to Take After Suffering Medical Malpractice
When you go to the doctor’s office or hospital for an injury or health condition, you expect to come out feeling better. Unfortunately, that does not always happen. Doctors and other medical professionals can sometimes make mistakes that cause injuries in their patients. Here are the steps you should take after suffering medical malpractice.
- Visit a different medical provider. Your health is of the utmost importance. Therefore, if you suspect your doctor’s mistake resulted in your injury, you should switch medical providers immediately. Your new doctor will attempt to undo the damage caused by the first doctor. He or she may have to perform an exam and conduct various tests to properly diagnose your injury.
- Request copies of your medical records. It is critical to obtain copies of the medical records from the first medical provider who treated you. These records will contain important information, such as the symptoms you were experiencing, tests performed and medications prescribed, and may provide that your doctor committed medical malpractice.
- Hire a lawyer. Medical malpractice cases are some of the most complicated personal injury cases. As such, you don’t want to handle your case alone. It’s in your best interest to work with a skilled medical malpractice lawyer in Orlando. He or she will help you gather necessary evidence and locate expert witnesses who can testify on your behalf.
- Write in a journal. When you are the victim of medical malpractice, it is a wise idea to keep a journal. Describe the symptoms you experienced after the medical error and how it has affected your life thus far. For example, if your injury has made it difficult to walk on your own, write that down.
- Be cautious on social media. If you’ve been injured by a medical provider, you may want to vent your frustrations on social media. However, your medical malpractice lawyer in Orlando will advise you against doing this. The other side may look at your social media sites to find information they can use against you.
Schedule a consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer in Orlando today.