Personal Injury Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
6 Tips for Getting a Good Personal Injury Lawsuit Settlement
A personal injury lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL clients trust understands that suffering a personal injury can be physically and emotionally draining. At Needle & Ellenberg, P.A., we understand what a difficult time you are going through and want to help. Our dedicated lawyers are ready to help you bring a lawsuit against the person or entity responsible for your injury.
Here are six tips for getting a good personal injury lawsuit settlement:
1. Take Notes About the Accident: No matter what type of accident you were involved in, it’s beneficial to take notes as soon as possible. Write down everything you remember about the event. For example, if you were injured in a car accident, you may want to write down what the weather was like at the time of the accident and any conversations you had with witnesses.
2. Get Medical Attention: A personal injury lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL families call from Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. recommends seeing a doctor as soon as possible. He or she can examine your injuries and determine the best treatment. Delaying medical attention won’t just put your health in jeopardy; it can also affect your personal injury claim. Insurance adjusters may believe you aren’t as hurt as you say you are and deny your claim.
3. Don’t Accept the First Settlement Offer: It’s likely that insurance adjusters will try to make a settlement offer soon after you file a personal injury claim. However, initial settlement amounts are usually very low. It’s important to talk to a personal injury lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL residents recommend from Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. before you accept an offer. If your Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer determines that the offer is too low, you should allow him or her to negotiate a better settlement.
4. Go to Your Doctor’s Appointments: Even if you are starting to feel better, you shouldn’t skip your doctor’s appointments. If insurance adjusters find out that you haven’t been going to your doctor’s appointments, it could give them a reason to deny your claim. They may assume you aren’t truly injured if you aren’t showing up to your doctor’s appointments.
5. Be Aware of the Statute of Limitations: Be sure to file your personal injury lawsuit in a timely manner. If you file your lawsuit after the statute of limitations has run out, you are no longer eligible for compensation.
6. Choose a Lawyer Who Has Experience in Personal Injury: The lawyer you work with can make a big difference in your personal injury settlement. It’s in your best interest to hire a lawyer who has years of experience handling personal injury cases. If a lawyer has dealt with cases similar to yours in the past, he or she will know what it takes to build a strong case. At Needle & Ellenberg, P.A., each personal injury lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL victims depend on have years of experience in personal injury law and are ready to take your case.
If you choose a personal injury lawyer in Fort Lauderdale FL from Needle & Ellenberg, P.A., you can have a peace of mind knowing that your case will be handled professionally.
We encourage you to contact Needle & Ellenberg, P.A.at 954-343-5580 to set up a free consultation with a skilled personal injury lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL has to offer.