If you suffered injuries in an accident caused by someone else, you may want to get in touch with a personal injury lawyer in Miami, FL from Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. You may be entitled to compensation for your losses that resulted from the accident. A lawyer can help you pursue a claim against the negligent party.
How to Maximize a Personal Injury Settlement
Whether you were hurt in a car accident or by a defective product, the steps you take afterward can affect how much compensation you receive. Here are some different ways to maximize your personal injury settlement.
- Seek immediate medical care. If you were in an accident, your first concern should be your health. Get emergency medical care right away. A doctor will diagnose your injuries and suggest the proper treatment. If you delay medical care, you’re not just putting your health in jeopardy. You’re also giving the defendant’s insurance company to deny your claim. They may argue that your injuries aren’t as severe as you claim if you didn’t see a doctor right away.
- Collect evidence promptly. The more evidence you have of the accident, the stronger your personal injury case will be. For instance, if you were in a car accident, you may want to obtain the names and contact information of witnesses and take photos of the accident scene.
- Hire a personal injury lawyer. No matter what kind of accident you were in, it’s important to have an experienced personal injury lawyer in Miami, FL on your side. A lawyer will know the true value of your injuries and won’t allow the insurance company to undervalue your claim. He or she can fight for your right to fair compensation.
- Be careful when speaking to the insurance company. After you’ve been in an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company may try to contact you. Even if they seem sympathetic and polite, you should avoid giving them any information about your case. They may try to find information that they can use against you. Instead, direct them to speak to your personal injury lawyer in Miami, FL.
- Stay off social media. If you have filed a personal injury claim, it’s in your best interest to avoid social media for now. The insurance company and their lawyers may browse your social media profiles to find information they can use against you.
Schedule a consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Miami, FL today.