Personal Injury Lawyer Fort Lauderdale, FL
When a situation warrants filing a personal injury claim, a lawyer can help you maximize the amount of your potential settlement. For many people, without a settlement from the negligent party, affording quality medical care for their injury and taking time off to recover is not possible. However, it’s an unfortunate fact that unless a personal injury claim is handled properly from start to finish, victims may not receive the full amount of compensation to which they’re entitled. A personal injury lawyer can provide you with the legal guidance you need to make all the difference. From the moment you’re injured, your actions or inaction can make or break your claim. Here are some tips if you are injured through no fault of your own:
1. Protect the evidence. When even the most experienced personal injury lawyer submits an injury claim to an insurance company on behalf of a client, the claim must be based on solid evidence. The claim must show why the insurance company is liable for their customer and provide proof of the damages sustained by the victim. Preserving the accident evidence is a crucial part of this process and is why it’s important that you did this to the extent possible.
- It’s understandable that when someone sustains a serious injury, it may not be practical to get up and photograph the accident scene and the cause of the injury. However, if you have a friend with you or there is a witness, request them to take photographs with your cell phone.
- Video taken with a cell phone is also helpful. You can even use the video app on your phone to record witness statements.
- Be sure to get name and phone numbers for every witness as well as the liable party.
- Photography your injury at the time of the accident and periodically as well. For instance, if swelling and bruising
develops, take photos at each stage because this will help to illustrate the seriousness of your injury . Assoon as possible, obtain a copy of the responding police officer’s accident report.
- Preserve and protect all of the evidence as you will need to share it with your personal injury lawyer.
2. Seek medical treatment for your injury immediately. It does not convince anyone that your injury is serious if you knew you were injured but waited for weeks or months to see a doctor or go to the emergency room. You will also need a physician’s diagnosis of your injury, and their treatment plan to determine the financial costs associated with your claim. Also important is that delaying in getting medical attention can worsen your condition, and if you do this intentionally, it could void your claim altogether. For these same reasons, it’s also important to follow doctor’s orders.
3. Contact a personal injury lawyer Fort Lauderdale, FL trusts as soon as possible. The sooner a personal injury lawyer takes your case, the sooner you can begin receiving invaluable legal guidance. This greatly minimizes the risk of you unintentionally hurting your claim. Contact a personal injury lawyer to request a free consultation to discuss your case.
Contact Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. for their insight into personal injury claims and maximizing your compensation.