Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Miami FL
Motorcyclists are among the most exposed motorists on the road. This does not mean, however, they have any fewer rights than those in larger vehicles. Everyone must take care to mind the rules of the road.If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident in Florida, seek medical attention immediately. Shortly thereafter, consult an experienced attorney who will listen closely to the details of your case and give you sound legal advice.The lawyers at Needle & Ellenberg, P.A., have more than 50 combined years of experience protecting the rights of people injured in motorcycle accidents. We will do whatever is necessary to seek the compensation you deserve. Give us a call today to discuss your case in a no-cost initial consultation.
GIVING YOU OUR FOCUSED ATTENTION AND CAREFUL COMMITMENT
Whether you are facing catastrophic injuries affecting the brain or spine or a loved one was killed, we are prepared to give you the focused attention and compassion you need to begin to rebuild your life. We will hire the necessary experts and carefully examine the details surrounding your accident.
Litigation can be costly and we are prepared to make an investment in clients’ cases. We carefully explain the costs associated with your case as we work through the legal process. When your case is resolved, you should not have to deal with any financial surprises. You will not pay us unless we recover for you.
Problems When Riding a Motorcycle in Florida
Motorcyclists enjoy many advantages that driving an automobile does not offer, so you may never think of needing the help of a motorcycle accidents lawyer in Miami, FL. Owning a motorcycle is generally less expensive than owning a car, gas costs are way lower and finding a parking space is usually easier. Riding a motorcycle also has intangible benefits that cannot be compared to any other vehicle. On the other hand, riding a motorcycle comes with a good deal of additional risks that other vehicles do not usually have to worry about.
Because of these additional risks and the elevated chance for serious injury should a motorcyclist be involved in an accident, riders must know the laws in their state regarding how to proceed in a legal case. A motorcycle accidents lawyer at Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. in Miami, FL is well-versed in motorcycle law and can assist you with your case.
Statistics Inherent to Motorcyclists
The statistics listed below will help to understand why it is necessary to employ an experienced lawyer in the event you are involved in an accident while on your motorcycle.
- Fatalities are about 26 times higher if you are a motorcyclist involved in an accident as opposed to a crash involving an automobile. In addition, the chances of being injured are five times higher.
- A motorcyclist’s right of way was violated in almost two-thirds of accidents where another vehicle was involved, thus causing the crash.
- Since 1999, the rate of fatal accidents on a motorcycle has doubly increased while fatalities for car and small truck crashes has been steadily decreasing.
Florida Motorcyclist Risks
Below are a few of the problems that motorcycle accidents lawyers for Miami, FL see motorcyclists face exclusively.
- Hazards on the road. While a pothole does not typically pose a problem for a car or truck, it can be very dangerous for a motorcycle rider. Other hazards include standing water, oil slicks, railroad tracks, or even uneven pavement.
- Limited recognition visually. Because motorcycles are harder to see because of their size, they tend to be obscured by weather conditions, the road, or other motor vehicles. Seventy percent of all motorcycle-other vehicle accidents occur at intersections, where visibility is especially an issue.
- The skill and experience of the Motorcycle Rider. Riding a motorcycle involves more training and skill than driving a car. Many accidents involving a motorcycle are a result of inexperience in riding or not understanding the motorcycle’s operation and limitations.
- Faulty equipment. Sometimes motorcycle accidents occur if at a high rate of speed the motorcycle’s front tire starts to shake and becomes unstable. This wobble may be because of the bike’s tires being out of alignment. This could be a manufacturer defect and the company may be held responsible financially for any damages, using the theory of product liability.
Did Negligence Play a Part in the Accident?
In any court case involving motor vehicles, the idea of negligence needs to be proved. An smart Miami, FL motorcycle accidents lawyer can really help with this. If it turns out that the accident was partially the fault of the motorcyclist, under the idea of contributory negligence they may not be eligible to recover any damages. If the accident occurred in a state where comparative negligence comes into play, the damages awarded will be figured based upon the percentage of fault by each party.
Contact an experienced motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Miami, Flat Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. for a consultation concerning your accident.
CONTACT THE LAW FIRM OF NEEDLE & ELLENBERG, P.A., FOR A FREE EVALUATION
To discuss your legal issue with our Miami motorcycle accidents lawyers, contact our firm by calling or, if you prefer, email us!