A personal injury case arises after a person suffers an injury because of another person or entity’s negligence. Here are the most common types of personal injury cases.
- Car accidents. Millions of car accidents occur in the U.S. every year. Some of the accidents can result in serious injuries, like broken bones, head injuries, spinal cord injuries and chest injuries. Whether the car accident was caused by speeding, distracted driving or drunk driving, you deserve to be compensated if you were injured and should speak to a personal injury lawyer in Miami, FL.
- Product liability. Companies are responsible for making sure their products are safe before releasing them to the public. When they fail to do this, customers can suffer injuries. If not manufactured or designed properly, many products, including vehicles, swingsets and electronics, can be hazardous.
- Medical malpractice. People rely on doctors and other medical professionals to treat various health conditions and injuries. Unfortunately, however, medical providers sometimes make mistakes that result in injuries in their patients. The most common types of medical malpractice include surgical errors, misdiagnosis, medication errors, delayed diagnosis and anesthesia errors.
- Truck accidents. Truck accidents may not occur as frequently as regular car accidents, but can cause more damage. Since commercial trucks are bigger and heavier than passenger vehicles, they are more likely to cause life-threatening injuries. Common causes of truck accidents include speeding, driver fatigue, improper loading, poor driver training and distracted driving. If you have suffered an injury in a truck accident, it is wise to speak to a personal injury lawyer in Miami, FL promptly.
- Slip and fall accidents. Property owners have a legal duty to keep their premises safe for others. If they are negligent, slip and fall accidents are more likely to occur. If you suffered a slip and fall accident, whether from a liquid spill at a grocery store or improper lighting in a parking lot, you may be entitled to receive compensation.
If you were hurt as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may want to speak to a personal injury lawyer in Miami, FL. You may be entitled to compensation for your losses. A lawyer can help you pursue a lawsuit against the negligent party and protect your legal rights.
If you suffered an injury in an accident, schedule an appointment with a personal injury lawyer in Miami, FL from Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. today.