Neonatal Injury Lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL
Despite all the advances in medical technology, birth injuries caused by medical negligence are still prevalent across the country. Many of these injuries result in medical issues that the baby will have for the rest of their lives. And as a Fort Lauderdale, Florida neonatal injury lawyer knows, even the injuries that are treatable result in needless pain and suffering for the infant.
If your baby suffered birth injuries as a result of preventable medical errors or negligence, contact Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. to meet with a neonatal injury lawyer in Fort Lauderdale FL and find out how we can help. We will evaluate your case and answer any questions you may have about the best way to legally proceed. In the meantime, the following is a brief overview of some common ways medical malpractice can occur during labor and/delivery:
- Failure to diagnose mother’s condition: Women rely on their obstetricians to recognize and diagnose any health conditions that could indicate a medical issue that could affect the baby. Some of these dangerous conditions include gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and hypertension.
- Failure to monitor the mother and baby’s vital signs during labor: This is one of the most common causes of birth injuries. It is critical that medical staff keep a constant watch on the mother and baby’s vital signs to watch for any indicators of fetal distress. If something happens and immediate action is not taken, the baby could suffer life-long and permanent injuries. For example, if there is insufficient oxygen being supplied to the baby, he or she can suffer a brain injury that causes issues with cognitive and physical development.
- Failure to perform an emergency cesarean section: If life-threatening issues arise during labor or delivery for either the mother or baby, an emergency C-section could be critical to save their lives. If there is a delay in performing the procedure, the results could be permanent injury or death for either the mother, baby, or both. A birth injury lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL parents trust can evaluate pursue damages for your family if this happened to you.
- Improper use of medical instruments: There are many medical instruments at the disposal of obstetricians to assist in delivery should a problem arise. However, if these instruments are used incorrectly or when there is no need to use them, the baby can suffer serious injuries. For example, if a doctor uses applies too much force, the baby can end up with an injury to their brachial plexus nerves, resulting in the condition Erb’s Palsy.
Table Of Contents:
Learning that your newborn has been diagnosed with a neonatal injury can be devastating. Having a neonatal injury lawyer Fort Lauderdale, FL families trust on your side should be your next step.
Needle & Ellenberg has been helping families secure the financial means their child may need for lifelong medical care, accessible housing, and other resources. We fight tooth and nail to hold medical professionals and hospitals accountable for their actions – or lack of. As a birth injury lawyer Fort Lauderdale, FL offers, we know how challenging these cases can be. On top of the legal complexities, significant emotions and financial strain can have a role in this unfortunate situation. Our firm is equipped with the knowledge and resources needed to protect your interests and rights and secure maximum damages.
If you live in Fort Lauderdale or anywhere else in Florida, we would like to talk to you about the events that occurred during your prenatal care, labor, and delivery. We’ll review the details of what happened, ask some questions, and help to pinpoint the cause of your child’s neonatal injuries. A consultation with a neonatal injury lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL is complementary and confidential. There are no upfront fees. We only collect our legal fees if we win your case. In general, we only take on cases that we are confident in our ability to secure a successful outcome. We have the experience and drive needed to hold those who were negligent, accountable. Call us today.
Birth Injuries in Florida
In the United States, approximately 6 and 8 infants out of 1,000 are born with a birth injury. This translates to 1 in 9,714 people are born with an injury, or 28,000 per year, 2,333 per month, 538 per week, 76 per day, and 3 per hour. Every 20 minutes a child suffers a neonatal or birth injury because of the wrongful actions of medical staff. When this happens, the life of the parent and child become changed – often forever. In Florida, 1.5 in 1,000 newborns are the victims of a neonatal or birth trauma that could have been avoided.
Complications that arise during a birth can be scary. The mother puts her trust into the doctors and nurses to quickly identify any potential problems and address them right away. Sometimes, these problems are never diagnosed, or a mistake happens during the birthing process and the baby is injured. This is when you should have a neonatal injury lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL review your case.
Legal Help for Neonatal Injuries in Florida
At first, you and the doctors might not know a birth injury has occured, and whether malpractice had its part. If your child suffered an injury or has some sort of disability, and you believe it was related to a mistake during their birth, call our firm. We can review your child’s medical records and the circumstances of the birth. The following conditions are indicators of a birth injury. If you notice any of these issues, please give us a call.
- Born with a blue color
- Not crying or breathing at the time of their birth
- Born ‘limp’ or not moving
- Seizures after birth
- Premature birth
- Placed in the NICU
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erb’s Palsy
- Fetal stroke
- Developmental delays
- Has long periods of a blank-like stare
- Shakes or twitches
- Medical Conditions That Could Affect the Mother
- Uterine rupture
- Placental abruption
- Vasa previa
- Post-term pregnancy
- Low amniotic fluid
- Neonatal Injuries from Labor and Delivery
- Misuse of forceps
- Prolonged labor
- Prolapsed umbilical cord
- Anesthesia complications
- Abnormal fetal positions
Call Our Respected Birth Injury Lawyers
Neonatal and birth injuries can result in a number of medical issues. The child may require treatment for months, years, or the rest of their life. When the mother suffered harm, she might also face long term medical challenges. Our firm has been helping children throughout Florida after suffering a neonatal injury.
Let us talk to you about what happened. Call a neonatal injury lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL from Needle & Ellenberg today.
Contact a Fort Lauderdale FL Neonatal Injury Lawyer Today
Every parent understands that there are risks to carrying a child and giving birth. When an infant suffers a birth defect or injury, it can be traumatic for the family, but when the condition is caused by negligence on the part of medical professionals, the emotional and financial impact can be devastating.
If your baby suffered birth trauma and you suspect negligent medical care was the cause, contact a neonatal injury lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL clients recommend from Needle & Ellenberg, P.A. today. We will schedule a free case evaluation and determine what kind of financial compensation your family may be entitled to. Call us today to get the financial justice your family deserves.